Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Bad Day

I was driving on the New Jersey Turnpike when my car started making a rattling noise and was losing acceleration. I pulled over, and my oil light went on. Bad.

Thankfully we have AAA, so I call them and they put me through to another tow company since AAA is not allowed on the turnpike. They come and get me, and I couldn't get Des's car seat out of my car. Ben's is easy since its an infant seat but Des has the big convertible seat. Both kids were crying on the side of the turnpike while trucks are flying past us. I didn't want to spend the usual 20 minutes it takes me to mess around with that car seat while Des was standing on the side of the fucking turnpike. So he went into the backseat of the tow truck without a car seat. Thankfully it had a backseat row. Ben was in his infant seat so that was fine.

We get to the tow place in Bordentown, I text my dad the address and he leaves pick us up. Then I have to call AAA to get my car from this tow place. Then my phone dies. At least it waited until I had talked to my dad and AAA.

After 45 minutes my dad gets there. We get Des's car seat into his car, and some of my stuff from my car. AAA gets there soon after and we make plans for them to take my car to an auto place near our apartment. AAA recommended them. I know nothing since we just moved here. I almost didn't even write down where my car was going. I just said "ok that place sounds fine." Guy was about to leave when my dad asks "Did you get the address?" oh. yeah that would probably help.

When we get home, I get in touch with the auto place, and the car needs a new engine....My car is worth about $3600. Anything more than that really isn't worth fixing it. The shop is looking into prices for me.

Thankfully Kane knows a ton about cars, and knows people that know even more. So he is calling around for me to see about prices of engines and if anyone can do labor for it.

I'm so thankful for family!

No comments:

Post a Comment