Tuesday, May 10, 2011

John Corbett: Dead-Beat Dad?

John Corbett: Dead-Beat Dad?

Content by Kyle Lowe

When I watched Northern Exposure in the early nineties on tv from cannonsatellite.com, I couldn't wait for John Corbett's character, DJ Chris Stevens, to be in a scene. Corbett's portrayal of the intriguing DJ was enjoyable beyond the handsomeness the actor brought to my screen.

I enjoyed Corbett's performance in the 2002 big-screen hit, My Big Fat Greek Wedding, even more. Corbett played Ian Miller in the romantic comedy and made more than just his on-screen love interest fall for him.

During the past three weeks, John Corbett demonstrated his acting talent on NBC's family drama, Parenthood. Corbett's character, Seth, first appeared on Tuesday, February 8th, in an epi! sode entitled “Just Go Home.” In this and the following two episodes, Seth successfully reestablished a relationship with his son, Drew, but failed to convince his daughter, Amber, to forgive his failures as a father. It proved difficult to watch my satellite television as Seth failed to earn even an acknowledgement of his existence from Amber.

While Seth defines the term “dead-beat dad,” having neglected his now teenage children for more than a decade, Corbett portrayed him as a sympathetic, misunderstood gentleman. Corbett's acting prowess made Seth a likeable, even respectable character I am excited to see reunite with his daughter. I eagerly await Corbett's return to NBC's Parenthood.

No comments:

Post a Comment